All of our teams will compete in the Premier Hockey League “PHL”. The PHL is a private, non-Hockey Canada-sanctioned league. It is geared towards elite players and academies from across Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan and the NorthWestern United States. Teams will compete in 5-7 showcase weekends, along with a year-end championship tournament.
For the Winter Program, families can expect to have a minimum of 80 hours of on-ice instruction, with an additional 25 hours of dryland/skill training. On-ice practices will be held on the weekdays and weekends located in Calgary, Carstairs, Crossfield, Trochu, and its surrounding areas, which include but not limited to; Three Hills, Gleichen, Airdire and or Chestermere Arenas. It can be expected that weekend practices may consist of 2 practices in 1 day.
As a parent or guardian affiliated with the Phantoms Hockey Organization, your conduct plays a crucial role in creating a positive and supportive environment for our young athletes. We believe in fostering a culture that emphasizes sportsmanship, respect, and fair play. By adhering to the following Code of Conduct, you contribute to the overall success of our organization and help create a positive experience for all involved.
Sportsmanship and Respect:
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship at all times. Encourage fair play, honesty, and integrity.
- Respect coaches, officials, opponents, and fellow parents. Recognize and appreciate the efforts of everyone involved in the game.
- Communicate with coaches, players, and other parents in a positive and constructive manner.
- Refrain from using derogatory language, disrespectful comments, or engaging in confrontational behavior.
- Support the development of all players, not just your own child. Encourage a positive learning environment.
- Trust the coaching staff and their decisions regarding player development and playing time.
- Respect the facilities and the property of others. Keep common areas clean and safe.
- Follow all rules and guidelines set by the hosting venues and the Phantoms Hockey Organization.
- If conflicts arise, address them in a respectful and private manner. Seek resolution through open communication and collaboration.
- Refrain from publicly criticizing coaches, players, or other parents.
- Prioritize the safety and well-being of all players. Follow guidelines for equipment, transportation, and overall player safety.
- Report any safety concerns promptly to the appropriate authorities.
- Fulfill financial commitments in a timely manner. Support fundraising efforts that benefit the entire organization.
- Communicate openly with the organization regarding any financial challenges.
Attendance and Punctuality:
- Ensure that your child arrives at practices and games on time and is picked up promptly afterward.
- Notify coaches in advance if your child is unable to attend a scheduled event.
Positive Role Modeling:
- Be a positive role model for your child and others. Demonstrate the values of dedication, hard work, and perseverance.
- Encourage healthy competition and discourage negative behaviors.
- Stay informed about the rules of the game, the organization's policies, and any updates or announcements.
- Be open to learning and adapting as the organization evolves.
By adhering to this Code of Conduct, you contribute to the positive development of our young athletes and help create an atmosphere where everyone can enjoy the sport of hockey. Your commitment to these principles ensures a rewarding experience for all members of the Phantoms Hockey Organization.
By registering for the Phantoms Hockey Organization, you acknowledge and agree to adhere to the Parent Code of Conduct outlined above. Your commitment to these principles is essential for maintaining a positive and supportive environment for our young athletes.
Failure to follow this Code of Conduct may result in your removal from the team without a letter of release until the completion of the season. No refunds will be provided if you are asked to leave the team or if you request a Release throughout the season. We appreciate your dedication to fostering a culture of sportsmanship, respect, and fair play within our organization.
Please be aware that no refunds will be provided under the following circumstances:
1. Voluntary Departure:
If you voluntarily choose to leave the team for any reason throughout the season.
2. Release Requests:
If you request a release from the team at any point during the season.
3. Dismissal from the Team:
If you are asked to leave the team due to a violation of the Parent Code of Conduct or for any other reason determined by the organization.
Your commitment to the team is crucial for its success, and these guidelines are in place to ensure a fair and consistent approach to team participation.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Phantoms Hockey Organization administration.